The Nigerian government says it will get to the root of Sunday morning massacre of worshippers at a church in Ozubulu, Anambra State, South East Nigeria and bring the perpetrators to book.
Unknown gun men attacked the St. Philips Catholic, Ozubulu on Sunday, killing a number of people.
Senior Special Assistant to President on Media and Publicity Office of the Vice President, Laolu Akande, said in a release on Monday that the acting president condemned the incident.
“Prof. Osinbajo condemns the despicable acts of violence, and commiserates with families, relatives, friends of the victims, the entire people and the government of Anambra State,” Akande said in the release.
Akande said the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, had been receiving regular updates on the status of investigations regarding the “atrocious and mindless acts of violence” at the St. Philip Catholic Church Ozubulu in Anambra State where worshippers were viciously attacked and a number of innocent Nigerians killed and injured.
He said: “The Acting President has been in touch with the Anambra State Governor Willy Obiano, police authorities and other security agencies.”